Wednesday, April 26, 2017

All I Can Say is "Wow!"

“What’s on (my) mind?” Facebook asks.
With the multiple lives I’ve lived, certain dates have special meaning. 
20 years ago today, April 26, 1997, Nik’s mom and I officially became a couple. Three years later (May, 2000), Nik made us a family. 11 years ago tomorrow, Nik’s mom began the process of officially destroying our family. As the Garth Brooks song goes, “I could have done without the pain, but then I would have missed the dance.”

But the Lord is a great and powerful leader of my life, and He made it so I could have a better life with Amy Morales, a woman who was coming off a death of her own, the sudden passing of her husband. The magnitude of Amy’s presence in my life is as great as the Lord’s presence; so great I cannot imagine (nor fear to think) what I would have become without her.
And throughout it all, Nik continues to be an amazing son and now young man and I am very, very proud of him. And Amy’s two daughters, Sara and Karla, and their spouses, Hector and Micah, accept me as a “Step-Father” and let me fill the role of “Grandfather” for their four children - Hector III, Emily, Atticus and Ripley - in place of their real grandfather, a role I serve with honor.
It is all so amazing, because of and thanks to the Lord.

So that’s what’s on my mind, today. Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment